Scalable Solutions for Global Desalination
The world’s need for clean water is intensifying, driven by population growth, industrialization, rapid urbanization, and climate change. According to United Nations estimates, global demand for water will surge 30% by 2050. Even today, nearly 2 billion people experience extreme water stress year-round.
These trends make desalinating water increasingly vital to quench global thirst. As the industry leader in energy recovery devices (ERDs), we’re actively deploying highly efficient, scalable solutions for recovering otherwise wasted energy in the seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) desalination process. With more than 20,000 of our ERDs installed worldwide, our water products annually save customers $2 billion (USD) in energy expenses and eliminate more than 11.5 million metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions. We’re proud to do our part to decrease the costs and carbon emissions associated with the production of clean water, helping to increase access to this vital resource for millions across the globe.
- Our flagship PX isobaric technology is the most efficient and reliable energy recovery solution for desalination on the market.
- Suitable for both high-pressure seawater and low-pressure brackish reverse osmosis systems, our turbochargers offer substantial savings for lower investment solutions.
- We offer high-pressure multi and single stage centrifugal pumps designed to complement our energy recovery devices for any size reverse osmosis plant.
- The PX PowerTrain™ line of pre-engineered energy recovery solutions combine Energy Recovery’s award-winning PX® Pressure Exchanger® (PX) devices with frame support and ancillary equipment into a compact, ready to install high-performance energy recovery device (ERD) array package.
- Energy Recovery’s Ultra PX™ energy recovery device for Ultra High-Pressure Reverse Osmosis (UHPRO) wastewater treatment dramatically reduces the energy needs, costs and emissions associated with treating industrial wastewater discharge with UHPRO.
- Our service and support experts have all-around technical expertise in energy recovery solutions and can provide guidance at every project phase.